Fraps is a video screen capture software available as trial version (for some options less), it is used to record some video game and is very popular among gamers.
- Download the software, then run the file from your desktop:
- A window titled "License Agreement" appears, click "I Agree"
- Choose the location to install the program on your hard disk by clicking "Browse ..." then after it is preferable to leave the default is to say C: \ Fraps.
- Finally click "Install" and wait until the installation ...
- Once the program installed, run Fraps from its icon on the desktop
- Once you have started Fraps, you can define the settings of the video capture.
- Under the "FPS", set the time for video in seconds: limited to 30 secs with trial version.
- Then go to the "Movies" tab:
- In "Folder to save movies in" choose the location where the video captures will be saved.
- In "Video Captures Hotkey" choose which key you press to start the capture.
- The choice is whether it's "Half-size" or "Full-size (half-size to full size).
- For the "Sound Input" is still up to you to choose the quality of sound output.
- For the FPS value, it depends on your hardware, if it is a good PC you can choose between 25 and 60 FPS, if otherwise I suggest you leave the default is 30 FPS.
- Note: FPS means Frames Per Second: the number of frames per second for video.
- Now go in the "Screenshots"
- In the category of image formats, choose the format that suits you best: BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA.
- Launch Fraps first.
- Start the game in which you want to record, and once the game started, you'll see a kind of stopwatch (yellow), top left of your screen.
- When the numbers are yellow, it means that the program is launched, so it is ready to make the capture.
- Tap on the F9 key (button starts the capture)!
- When the numbers turn red, it means that Fraps has started to record.
- (Note that: Depending on your configuration you may experience a certain latency at the beginning of the recording process).
- To stop the capture, simply press F9 again.
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM by aakai1056.