Exporting data from one Excel spreadsheet
to another spreadsheet
is always a problem if you want to have the same flavor in the second too. Quite often, whenever a file from the Internet
is being exported, it is being saved in a new file, not in the existing one. It takes so much time to reconfigure it. To solve this problem, one has to use data - import
external data option under Excel with a new web query where the address of the web page
has to be pasted. Then, using the import
option, the proper destination can be sorted out.
- I have a query. Whenever I export a file from the internet the data gets saved into a new Excel file instead of the Excel sheet I am working in. As a result I have to copy the data from that file to the Excel file I am working in. This is very time consuming. Is there a shorter method to directly export the data into the working Excel file?
- I have another separate problem. I have recorded a macro for a particular worksheet. That macro does two things. 1. There are two cols. Column A and Column B. In col C it subtracts Col A from B. 2. It finds the weighted average between col A and C.
Now I want to run this macro in all worksheets except the first worksheet. What is the code to do that? </ital>
To solve this problem:
- Copy the webpage address in Excel clipboard.
- Go to your sheet.
- Select any cell from where you want the file to be copied. e.g. A1.
- Click data-import external data (or something like this depending upon the version) - new web query.
- In the new web query window paste the address of the webpage at the top against "address".
- Click on Go
- You will get the whole webpage. Whatever table you want, click the tick mark and the whole table will be marked
- Click "import" at the bottom right
- It will ask where you want to park it. If it is already A1 click ok
To solve the second issue:
Dim j As Integer, k As Integer
j = Worksheets.Count
For k = 1 To j
If Sheets(k).Name = "Sheet1" Then GoTo nnext
NAME OF THE MACRO
Thanks to venkat1926
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 6, 2012 at 08:29 AM by Jeff.