Windows Vista - No Signal displayed on secondary monitor
I have a dual monitor set-up and I recently upgraded to Windows Vista and I was having no problems until a few days ago when my second monitor just stopped working. I don't think it is a problem with either the monitor or the cable because when my system is starting up I see images on both monitors, its just when Windows loads I cannot see anything and my monitor displays "No Signal".
I have tried a few things to fix this problem but to no avail, this is what I have attempted:
- Redownloading/installing the latest Vista drivers for my video card
- Uninstalling some of the later updates I have done on Windows Update
- Switching the cables on my video card (to see if I can get the other monitor working... it did nothing)
Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix this?
I have a ATI Radeon x1650 Pro, a Dell E172FPb monitor (this one is working fine) and a ViewSonic V10859 (the problematic one)
Had the same problem when adding a monitor to my XPS!</ital>
- Connect your laptop to the monitor
- The laptop has an Function key (Fn key next to the windows start key) on the keyboard. Press and hold the key, and hit the F5 or F8 key (it is F5 on Toshiba and F8 on dell).
- This should fix it.
Thanks to RND-desi-style
for this tip on the forum.