Explanation of the URL
Uniform Resource Locator
Consider a simple example: http://www.google.com.
This URL is broken into four parts:
- HTTP : communication protocol
- :// : Separator
- www: World Wide Web
- Google:The site name
- com: domain name .com for commercial.
In summary the Google site uses the http communication protocol an the .com domain namem (commercial).
Here is the master list of domain names popular
- com: Commercial
- fr: French Area
- tn: Tunisia Area
- net: Network Managers
- info: Information Services
- org: nonprofit organizations
- biz: business area
- eu: European Union
- ma: Moroccan Domain.
There are many other domains that will encounter.
Some communication protocols visible on a link or URL:
- http: communication protocol client-server
- ftp: File Transfer Protocol
- POP: protocol for retrieving email located on a server.
- TCP: reliable transport protocol in connected mode.
Well sure there are a very long list, but those protocols are the most frequently encountered.
Thanks to le petit marocain for this tip.
Published by jak58
Latest update on January 26, 2010 at 03:45 AM by jak58.