I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E with Windows Vista and have since installed Windows 7. Now my camera does not work.
- 1. Click on this link: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNCR220E
- 2. When prompted to select an operating system, choose "Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium"
- 3. Under the "Sort files by type" option, select "Camera" from the drop-down menu
- Alternatively, you can directly expand the "Camera - 2 files" from "Results for VGN-CR220E"
- 4. Download the "Original Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6 driver"
- Save the file on your computer and install it
- 5. Go back to the "Select your operating system" drop-down menu, and select the version you are using (Basic, Home Premium etc.)
- 6. Under "Sort files by type" select "Camera"
- Alternatively, you can directly expand "Camera - 2 files" as you did in step 3
- 7. Download the two files "Camera capture utility" and "Webcam companion"
- Save the files and install them.
Now you are all set. Restart your computer and you're ready to go.
Thanks to onerose
for this tip on the forum.