I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E with Windows Vista and have since installed Windows 7. Now my camera does not work.
- 1. Click on this link: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNCR220E
- 2. When prompted to select an operating system, choose "Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium"
- 3. Under the "Sort files by type" option, select "Camera" from the drop-down menu
- Alternatively, you can directly expand the "Camera - 2 files" from "Results for VGN-CR220E"
- 4. Download the "Original Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6 driver"
- Save the file on your computer and install it
- 5. Go back to the "Select your operating system" drop-down menu, and select the version you are using (Basic, Home Premium etc.)
- 6. Under "Sort files by type" select "Camera"
- Alternatively, you can directly expand "Camera - 2 files" as you did in step 3
- 7. Download the two files "Camera capture utility" and "Webcam companion"
- Save the files and install them.
Now you are all set. Restart your computer and you're ready to go.
Thanks to onerose
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on June 26, 2012 at 04:39 PM by Jeff.