Copying data in MICROMAX Q3 is little tricky as the PC suite provided does not come to great help in terms of interface.
However, with this help you will be successful in importing the data.
First of all, please clean your data in excel sheet and import in outlook contacts.
- Install the complete PC suite in the drive of your choice. I preferred root of C.
- Connect the Phone to the computer through USB and run the PC suite. You will get options for mass drive or COM. Choose COM.
- Go to settings of the PC suite and at the bottom, check "import data from Outlook".
You may get a message (blinking outlook) at the bottom panel.
- Click allow for 5 min. The data gets transferred.
- Go to now Phonebook. In the directory section, you will get a folder called outlook.
- Click that. Voila : all your contacts are now transferred. However, do not get excited. The data is still in your PC and to transfer it to the phone, you need to go two more steps.
- Go to Outlook folder and select all the contacts.
- Drag the entire contacts to Handset Folder and you are done.
Suggest, you to have same fields of data as the interface suggests.
- One more thing.. while selecting com port you will get different options depending upon your pc. You need to fiddle around to select the right port. i.e. COM3 or COM 6 or so on
Thanks to HAPPY TO HELP
for this tip on the forum.