For some reasons I'm looking for backup that stores messages in Outlook Express on Windows XP.
Backup emails with Outlook Express:
- 1. Click "(>)":> Tools> Option
- 2. Click "Maintenance" tab and then "Store Folder"
- 3. You now see the full name of the folder in Windows XP where the rows all your mail boxes. It is a name extension that corresponds to the full path to the Storage folder for Outlook Express.
- 4. Select the folder name.
- 5. Right click and select Copy
- 6. Cancel and still> Cancel,> Close Outoolk Express
- Start> Run, a small dialog box opens, and then you paste what you just copy The folder name where your mail boxes must be part of the window.
- 7. Click OK. You should now have before us the Outlook Express folder. It contains files with extension .dbx.
- 8. You select all.
- 9. Right click on the desktop, then> on "New Folder and name it "Backup mail "
- 10. In the Outlook Express window> "Copy selected items"
- 11. Open your backup folder located on your desktop> on "Edit"> "Copy".
By doing this, you made a copy of Outlook folders. Must now include that copy in your backup on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
To avoid this, you create a desktop shortcut to the Outlook file storage.
You repeat the same route as above in step 1 to 6
- 12. Right-click the desktop and managed> to the "New Shortcut." A wizard will open and you paste and> "Next" and> "Finish".
With this shortcut, you can copy your mail files directly to CD or DVD.
To know more about "Backup Outlook Express files and folders please click here
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on April 22, 2010 at 05:40 AM by aakai1056.