I have a laptop PC with Win XP and when I tried to install freeware or small games downloaded on my C drive, I get an error right away: "Error 1327 invalid drive K".
Thank you for your help.
Invalid drive problem
This often happens when a player has been removed or if the letter has been amended.
The solution is to delete all reference to this drive in the registry.
- Open Regedit.exe
- Menu Edition: Search. In the field, enter X:\, X being the drive letter of the intruder.
- Delete the key that contains a path to X:\blablablabla\blablabla
- Press F3 to view the next entry, and delete
- Do this until the search yields more results.
- Close the registry, and it's over.
If all goes well, you can now install and uninstall programs without problem.
Thanks to jhuntao for this tip.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on April 23, 2010 at 05:11 AM by aakai1056.