The rundll32.exe process (Run a DLL as a 32-bit application) is a Windows NT/2000/XP generic process used to load the dynamic link libraries (DLLs) in memory to make them usable by other programs :
Error loading RunDLL
- Windows displays a message similar to this:
- This issue is related when Windows starts a program that no longer exists or being incorrect. To eliminate this error,
- click on the Start menu,
- then in Run and type the following command:
- Startup tab uncheck the line related to the file,
- then click apply.
- Upon restart, a new window will open stating that Windows is in Selective Startup. Just check the box do not show this message and confirm.
RunDLL not found
- Windows displays an error message similar to this:
- This issue is related to deletion the file c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe by a third party program (usually a program for customization of appearance of Windows).
Rundll32 has stopped to work (Vista)
- When opening video, Vista opens a window "Windows Host Process" indicating that Rundll32 has stopped working.
- To correct the problem, do the following operations:
- Go to "Control Panel"
- Folder Options
- Click on the tab "View"
- Check the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
In reality, the thumbnails of the movies often raise concern under Vista.
Published by jak58
Latest update on May 4, 2010 at 09:52 AM by jak58.