No need to "jailbreak" your iPod for this trick to work.
Create an IPPI account
- Visit the site IPPI.fr
- Then click on Sign up for free.
- Fill out the form correctly.
- For a free account, you must ticked:
- Identity: individual
- Service:ippi Free 0,00 €/mois
- You already have a SIP hardware.
- Then click Next.
- Five boxes will be displayed (down the page): 01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05
- Then choose one that matches your region (eg Paris, 01; Nantes: 02 ...).
- From there, a list of numbers will appear.
- Choose one that suits you and write it down!
- Complete the form with real coordinates.
Install IPPI on your iPod Touch
- Go to the AppStore.
- Search for IPPI.
- Install it, it's free.
- Go to Settings and enter your ID and passwords.
- Note: For iPod Touch 8GB, you need to buy a micro-headset which costs about 30 € at the Apple Store.
- Your phone is configured! You can receive your calls and listen to your messages by pressing the *1234.
- Go back on the AppStore.
- Search for global aq lite, it is free.
- Install it and start it.
- Create an account with a username YopMail (disposable email) to avoid pubs..
- A number begining with +88 will be assigned, your SMS number.
- An SMS sent to a number beginning with + 88 are very cheap.
- You can with these two services, call and send SMS from your iPod Touch.
- What is good is that there is no commitment, you can use it as long as you want.
- You can subscribe if you want to IPPI.
- For SMS, you just go to the store and credit.
- You must leave the application open for IPPI to receive calls. However the OS 4 will support multitasking and should allow you run IPPI in the backgroung all the time.
- You need a Wi-Fi, but you can easily retrieve hotspot IDs on the Internet, giving you a connection almost anywhere in the big cities.
- You need a microphone for iPod touch 8 GB
And now, you can receive your calls, all for free!
Published by jak58
Latest update on May 27, 2010 at 08:51 AM by jak58.