Running 2 X servers
Running two X servers in parallel, such working under graphical mode under root
(is strongly discouraged),ensure that you have previously closed its user session or that you run a desktop management software different from its current session (KDE - Gnome-XFCE), etc ...
How to proceed
- Simply launch a new console using the following combination of keys:
- You will be prompted to enter a login and password. Log"yourself under your main identity with your password.
- In prompt, run the GUI using the startx command, note that you must specify a new display:
there is a space between the startx
and 2 dashes --
, and between the 2 dashes
, however there no space between :
and the 1
You can now navigate from a display
to another through these combinations of keys:
- To go in the user session:
- To go in the root session :
Published by netty5
Latest update on March 9, 2010 at 09:40 AM by jak58.