Each time I make a query in the Address bar, there's a drop down menu that appears (full of suggestions). Is there any solution to disable it.
Under Firefox 3
, if you want to delete an individual entry from the History, just highlight it (either in the History sidebar or in the address bar drop-down menu) and press Shift+Delete. Gone, never to bother you again! This method works for Windows users but won't work for Mac users.
For Mac user:
- Start up Firefox
- Before removing your bookmarks make a backup or export your current Bookmarks list to load them back afterwards
- Clear all your private data (Tools > Clear Private Data...)
- Go to your address / URL Bar and enter "about:config" and click the button "I'll be carefull, I promise!"
- Change the values of the following entries to these settings:
browser.urlbar.autoFill -> false
browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped -> true
browser.urlbar.maxRichResults -> 0
places.frequency.bookmarkVisitBonus -> 0
places.frequency.unvisitedBookmarkBonus -> 0
- Restart Firefox 3 and the Address Bar Dropdown List will be gone
- Reload your bookmark list into your bookmarks tab
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on May 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM by deri58.