I recently installed the package kubuntu-desktop with the terminal as follows:
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
I would now like to delete but when I use the 'rm
' command, the following message appears:
xxxx@xxxx-laptop:~$ sudo rm kubuntu-desktop
rm: can not remove 'kubuntu-desktop':.....
You must understand the use apt-get
Thanks to Akkenar for this tip.
- apt-get allows you to manage packages and dependencies. It is accompanied by a wide range of command him to do his job.
- To uninstall a package, we use apt-get:
- sudo => to do as administrator
- apt-get => ask for apt-get to do
- remove => remove
- kubuntu-desktop => the package to remove
- rm is a command to delete files or folders. For example I want to delete the test.txt file stored at the root of my personal file:
- to delete the xxx file in the same location:
Published by jak58
Latest update on June 10, 2010 at 01:04 PM by jak58.