There are two ways to change the name (or label) of an hard disk, which is often associated with the name of the operating system installed on it.
- Go to Computer, right click on the drive to rename (the hard drive is usually the name of the installation system installed).
- In the context menu, select Properties.
- In the General tab of the dialog box (properties of the disc) enter the new name you want to give your hard drive.
- Note: The field can not exceed 32 characters.
- Go to Computer.
- Right-click on the disk to be renamed.
- In the shortcut menu, click Rename.
- In the text box, enter the name of your choice (maximum 32 characters) and press the Enter key.
- Note that: This trick has nothing to do with the change of letters assigned to drives (C,D,E,F etc. ...).
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM by jak58.