The new taskbar in Windows 7 does not please you? It is customizable and you can make it look like XP or Vista.
Prevent windowsq grouping
- By default, if multiple windows of a program (browser, Windows Explorer) are open, they are grouped. It is possible to navigate between them using an overview of the various windows.
- To split these items.
- Right click on the taskbar> Properties> buttons on the taskbar:
- Never combine: the windows will never be grouped.
- Combine when the taskbar is full: the windows are not grouped, except if too many applications open, saturating the taskbar.
Icons only or icons or text
- By default, only the icons of open windows are present in the taskbar. For practical reasons, it may be useful to also display the "title" window.
- By choosing one of two options above this feature will be enabled
Reduce size of icons and the taskbar
- On the empty space of the taskbar:
- Right click> Properties> tick Use small icons> Ok