Toshiba Laptop doesn't start up
My Toshiba Satellite A205 with Windows Vista Basic has stopped working. I try to start it up, but all it gives me is the beginning TOSHIBA/Phoenix logo loading screen and for the windows loading screen it only gives me the little loading bar at the bottom. The windows logo does not show at all. After those two load up, it goes to a black screen and just completely stops loading. what should i do?
Here are the fix steps:
- Turn off your computer
- Disconnect every wire from it (including power)
- Disconnect the battery from the bottom of the computer. There will be two tabs labeled 1 and 2.
- Re-plug in the power wire. (the battery should not be in the computer)
- Turn on the power. The screen will work. Choose start windows normally. (if you get that screen)
- Go to Control Panel -> (Mobile PC) -> Power Options -> Under Balanced choose change plan settings
- Choose Change advanced power settings
- Find Processor power management and change the minimum processor state from 5% to 100% for each On battery and Plugged in.
- Click Apply then OK
- Shut down you computer.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Re-install the battery on the bottom of the laptop, plug in the power cord, and restart the computer.
Solved by Brian L
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on June 26, 2010 at 05:59 AM by aakai1056.