How to uninstall software that is invisible in "Add or remove programs"
I want to uninstall a software but i can't see it in "Add or remove programs". What should i do?
- Some programs, such as the spies' software (Spyware), do not appear in the list of the programs installed visible since the Add/remove Programs of the Control panel of Windows. It thus becomes impossible to uninstall them.
- From Windows explorer, modify the options to make visible the files and folders protected and hidden of the operation system.
- Edit the file sysoc.inf being in the repertory C:\WINDOWS\inf (stage number 1 is important, this file and folders of Windows being both hidden by default).
- Locate the line corresponding to the program in question and remove the parameter "HIDE" of this one without touching the commas
- Save and close the file sysoc.inf, then go Add/remove programs to proceed to the removal of the software.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on July 10, 2010 at 05:15 AM by aakai1056.