Win 7 Installation Errors - Black Screen
I just recently installed a new hard drive (SATA) onto my Dell Dimension E520 and proceeded to install an ISO copy of Windows 7 64 bit copy. The system previously ran on Windows XP. I went through the normal process and installation seemed to be going fine. It installed all the files and went through the "complete installation" process. The problem starts once it restarts and is booting up. This is what happens:
1. I get the Dell Screen and all is fine
2. The Windows 7 logo appears and seems to run fine
3. The screen goes black and I get no response.
I have unplugged all peripherals (except mouse and keyboard) and only have one monitor attached.
Just follow these steps to repair it;
- Insert Windows 7 installation DVD and boot from DVD drive.
- "Press any key to boot from the CD" appears, just press any key.
- Windows 7 will load the set up files. Then follow the instructions by selecting Language and country and then click next.
- Next you can find the option "Repair your computer", Just click on this.
- "System Recovery Options" window will be opened ---->then select the partition where your Windows 7 is installed and then click Next.
- Now click on "Startup Repair" and follow the intructions. This tool should be able to solve any issues causing Windows startup.
Solved by jack4rall
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on July 31, 2010 at 05:16 AM by aakai1056.