In the portable music device market, Apple's iPod is one of the leading as well the most innovative products available on the market. The iPod gives the user the option to protect the files via a password
, but If the user forgets the password
then it can be a problem. To solve this problem, one needs to connect the iPod to the computer and it will get detected like any other external hardware in My Computer
after its load-up. One has to make changes in the file that corresponds to the locked option in the Device folder
that can be accessed via the iPod control
Forgot my apple iPod password
I forgot my apple iPod password bearing the model nos.A1199 and the serial nos.7N651WNKVQ5.
Here's a way to reset the password of your iPod:
- Plug in your iPod.
- Wait for it to load completely.
- Open My Computer (or computer if on Vista). Make sure you can view hidden files.
- Go to iPod control.
- Go to the folder named Device.
- If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked. Rename the file to _unlocked.
- Safely remove your iPod and it will be cleared.
Solved by fella1960
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 15, 2014 at 01:01 PM by Jeff.