Windows XP - Using a custom video as screen saver?
How to make a custom screen saver, from a video track?
Thanks to Digital poupre for this tip.
- First of all, the common video formats (mpeg,flv...) can't be used as screensavers as such, you must get a file with the .scr extension in order to use it as screen saver.
- Download:Audio/Video To Exe
- Install and run the application. Choose a video stored on your hard drive (for example a clip of your favorite singer) and convert it.
- Your video will go from clip.wmv to clip.exe.
- Now rename this file with the .scr extension like this: clip.scr
- Now go to your Windows> System 32
- Copy/paste your clip.scr file
- Right click on the file and choose "Install".
- And from now on, your custom clip can be used serves as a screen saver!
Published by jak58
Latest update on August 16, 2010 at 07:23 AM by jak58.