In order to observe your outgoing network connections and open ports, type in a terminal in real time:
sudo watch lsof -i
- Items displayed:
- The name of the program making the connection (COMMAND) and its PID
- The user who started the program (USER)
- The login
- This display is updated every 2 seconds.
Using netstat utility allows you to display a connection status, but the information displayed screen is not updated when the connections change. Netstat shows results only once.
- Using netstat
- To use netstat
- Start/ Run/ cmd and in the MS-DOS type the command:
- The connections will be displayed.
Published by netty5
Latest update on May 27, 2010 at 09:58 AM by jak58.