My Book Essential 2TB
I bought a WD My Book 2TB and went to transfer all of the data from the old external hard drive to the new one, and it did it successfully....BUT when I go to the drive itself, everything that I copied is just a short cut. And it gives me this error message "The item 'gaotex.exe' that this short cut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"
- Check whether the files are not in hidden mode.
- Click on "Start" --> In search box, type cmd and press "Enter". "Command Prompt" will be opened.
- Here I assume your external drive as G:
- Enter this command.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
- Note : Replace the letter g with your external drive letter.
- Now check for your files in your external drive.
- After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below;
- Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"
- Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".
Solved by jack4rall
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on September 7, 2010 at 06:40 AM by aakai1056.