It takes too long to shut down computer running under Windows 7.
That's because Windows 7 wait for services to stop (write data to the cache) before shutting down!
- Click Start> Run > and type "regedit" and press the Enter key.
- Expand the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control.
- Double click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout to modify it
- The value is specified milliseconds (1000 = 1 second).You can set it within a range of 4000-20000..
- Exit the registry editor and restart your PC!
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM by Jeff.