I have a problem with Windows Update, I can not install the updates .. I've ran Windows Update and click on the install updates button and 5 seconds after it shows me this message:
Some updates were not installed.
Failed: 6 critical updates.
Errors found: Code 80072EFE Windows Update has encountered an unknown error.
Furthermore, I have no access to Windows Update site anymore and I can't make a system backup.
- Go to:Start, Control Panel, administrative tools, services, double-click on the Cryptographic service, click stop the service, apply and OK.
- Also verify that the Intelligent Transfer Service is stopped and is set in manual mode.
- Then go to C\windows, rename SoftwareDistribution using the (.old extension), like this:
- Then go to: C\windows\system32\Catroot2, removes all content in Catroot2, (not the file himself)
Go back in Services, restart the Cryptographic service (set in automatic mode),
- Download: repupdat.zip, put it in your Documents and unzip it. Double-click the executable, it will try to re-register all the files necessary for the proper operation of Windows Update,
- Subsequently restart you PC and return to windows update....
Thanks to ekim55 for this tip on CCM
Published by deri58
Latest update on September 25, 2010 at 06:29 AM by deri58.