[Excel] Transfering data for a spreadsheet to another
It may happens that we need to transfer data from an Excel spreadsheet to another and that the copy paste function does not work!
However, there are several methods that can be used to handle this purpose.
- Consider that we have two sheets: Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 and we want to pass a data from cell A1 of sheet 1 to cell B1 of Sheet 2.
- Select the target cell(in our case B1 of Sheet 2) and type in the + symbol
- Right click on the Sheet 1 label button (at the button)
- This wil bring you back to Sheet 1 click on cell A1 and press Enter.
- This will automatically copy the data in cell B1.
- Hint: If you performed the operation as mentioned above, then upon selecting cell A1, you should have this formula displayed in the formula bar: +Sheet1!A1
- Here we shall try to make use of the +Sheet(X)!(XX) formula.
- Select the cell in which you want to swap the data.
- In the formula bar type this command:
- X stands for sheet label
- XY stands for the targeted cell coordinates.
- Don't take brackets into account.
: will copy data from cell B21 of sheet 2.
Original article published by Carlos-vialfa
. Translated by jak58