Windows Media Player allows you to copy music from a CD to the hard disk. By default audio files are stored in the Music Library.
- If you want to change the default folder, check out this tip
To copy music from a CD, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Media Player (In Windows 7: Start> All Programs> Windows Media Player)
- Insert the CD you want to copy
- The list of songs is normally included on the CD.
- Click the Rip tab> More options
- The default format is WMA, if you want to change the mp3 then in Rip settings change: Format> MP3"
- Uncheck songs you do not want to copy and click Copy from CD
- Simply wait for the "Ripping process" to end
- The music copied from the CD is stored in the Music Library by default.