The easiest way to download video from Youtube for people using Google Chrome
as a Web browser, is to download the extension Chrome YouTube Downloader
and install it.
This extension will insert a download button in the YouTube page, allowing you easily download your favorite videos on the fly.
If you do not have Google Chrome, you must first download and install it:
Download and install Chrome YouTube Downloader
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to this page
- Click on "Add to Chrome"
- You will get a warning message, simply click on "Continue"
- In the window that opens click "Install"
- You see a message indicating that the extension has now installed
Downloading your videos
- Once the extension installed:
- Go to YouTube and play the video you want to download.
- A new "Download button" has been added (below the player, next to the Embed button).
- Several download options are available, choose to your convenience.
- The video is downloaded as any regular download performed on Google Chrome.
- Note that: to read these video better have VLC installed on your PC!