PSD files

Closed
Nikky28 - Jan 9, 2008 at 01:04 PM
 mike22b - May 10, 2010 at 08:46 PM
Hello,
I'm not sure what I did wrong on this one. I am unable to edit any of my psd files. No matter what tool I select or what layer I select, I only see the white hand above my image and cant do anything with it. Is there a setting I messsed up?

4 responses

I had the same problem and found that I did have the "extras" checked (in view). I unchecked it and was able to edit the image... no idea how extras got turned on.
I just googled to see if someone had this exact problem, and apparently, you do. I was able to fix it. Pretty simple. I closed photoshop and restarted it. After opening the same psd files the hand tool was no longer there and I was able to edit each layer as normal. Just close photoshop and reopen the program and see if that takes care of your issue.
Yup. That worked for me too.
I'm going to ask a couple of questions that might or might not be it, but to kind of help narrow down what your problem could be. I know it's a PSD file and this usually only happens if you're working with an image of the Internet, but is the image mode set as index? You can check this by going to Image>Mode> and then selecting the mode type (RGB if you're working Internet, CMYK if you're printing). Second question, do you have Extras selected? Find out by going to View>Extras which is about 2/3's down the menu. My last question, have you tried creating a new image and working with it? Can you do that or is it just when you open a PSD file?
please