Google account recovery

Closed
Brittni Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2017 - Aug 20, 2017 at 08:15 PM
mobileaddict Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 23, 2017 - Aug 21, 2017 at 02:02 AM
I need help finding a old google account. I dont have the phone number activated that was connected to the account. I also dont have the password either. I have new accounts but im trying to connect them all.can someone please help.

1 response

mobileaddict Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 23, 2017
Aug 21, 2017 at 02:02 AM
I assume you have 2 step verification activated on your GMail account?

If so, then in order to have a verification code sent to any phone, you must know your username AND your password. Only when you have entered both of them correctly will a code be sent.

But you have also changed your phone number, so even if you succeed in getting your password changed, you will still be unable to get into your account, because you will not be able to receive a verification code.

Did you set up a backup phone? Did you print out a set of backup codes?

If you did not bother with either of those recovery options you have ended up, effectively with zero-step verification. You forgot the "something you know", and you no longer own the "something you have".

The best I can suggest is that you complete and submit the account recovery form. If you can provide enough information to prove you own the account, you may be able to regain access to it. You can find it like this:

Start here - www.google.com/accounts/recovery
Choose "I forgot my password"
Enter the account name that you are trying to recover
Solve the Captcha if one is offered to you
Choose "Verify your Identity"
Complete and submit the form.

Hope it helps