Computer left in heat doesn't recognize monitors

Closed
Vino2112 - Aug 22, 2017 at 09:20 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 23, 2017 at 06:35 PM
Hello,
I left my computer in my car for a few days while moving. I live in South Carolina so it has been pretty hot the past few days. The power supply works because the computer turns on, but when my monitors are plugged in they say "no signal". I tried plugging them into my graphics card and into my mother board and nothing popped up on either try. My computer and mouse light up, so the motherboard is transferring power, but it doesn't seem like anything else is working. I've tried unplugging, holding power to drain any leftover energy, and replugging. The computer has had enough time to cool off and is now room temperature. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Aug 23, 2017 at 06:35 PM
I suggest you unplug and reconnect the internal power cables and remove and reinstall the video card. Sometimes just moving a computer to a different room in the same house will disturb the connections.

Good Luck