One half of keyboard types the wrong key

Solved/Closed
confused - Jun 10, 2008 at 11:24 PM
 nikolas - Nov 22, 2008 at 01:32 PM
Hello,

I am using a Sony Vaio laptop running vista, for some reason one half of my keys on the keyboard are not working. It works long enough for me to login to my computer then all the keys on the right side do not work...very weird, my laptop is about a year old, never seen this before. Even after rebooting and restarting, still the same....
Related:

10 responses

after i search all over the webs i find out this problem solve by just press (Num Lk) button.
enjoy it
Yep iI had the same problem with mine. drove me nuts. It was that stupid num lock key.
Numlock was the answer for my Sony laptop. Thanks!
Benji999 Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 27, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 28, 2008 > tom
Oct 28, 2008 at 07:22 AM
Great site, GREAT SOLUTION. I used Google on my 2nd computer to search this problem, and your site was the first I opened, and I got an immediate answer. THANKS. MERCI.
Hi,
I tried all sutable options like Numlk key, fun+numlk, alt+numlk, reboot but still problem is not resolved.

Can any one please help me, how can I solve this issue.
Shift and numlock fixed the problem for me.
Paul_te > xande
Nov 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM
You the man. Shift + number locked worked. Thanks
Duke_42 Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday June 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2008 1
Jun 11, 2008 at 03:50 PM
Hi
In your profile system setup go to regional settings and check your Key Board settings and restore to US, try this and let me know there are a few other tweeks we can try!
for forever ive had this issue and i read on here it was numlock, what a simple solution to the more annoying problem wow.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
NOt always the Num Lock!!!

Any other solutions, I have the same issue. It only happens after using the laptop a while and seems to take a reboot to fix.
try alt + num lock
go on acssesories and ease of acsess, then go on on-screen keyboard.
then turn nuberlock of on there

ITS NOT REALLY ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR KEYBOARD JUST YOU DID NOT NOTICE BUT IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY THE NUMLOCK IS RED AND THERE ARE OTHER RED NUMBERS AND SYMBOLS ON THE KEYBOARD THAT MEANS THAT INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL MEANING OF THAT KEY IT SHALL BE WHAT THE RED IS DURING NUMLOCK ITS LIKE THE SHIFT CONCEPT ....
HA! the numlock key!!!! fixed my issue, thanks!
im using a toshiba laptop., i cant find the num lock