No Audio Output device is installed

Ask a question EduMaster
Hello,

Problem:
I have an HDMI monitor and I was trying to play sound via headphone jack of the monitor.
Hoever, the sound was still coming from speaker only so wanted the sound to play directly via monitor headphones.
In the process I think I disabled something and now speakers wont play at all.
I tried several things but I still have the problems.

Also in device manager I get the code 10 (This device cannot start. (Code 10)) for the Realtech high definition audio driver

Solutions tried:
-> Restart and shut down several time
-> Restore the system a week back
-> Download and update the latest audio driver for my motherboard
-> In task bar right click on Audio -> "Playback devices" -> Right click -> "Show disabled devices"
-> Services.msc -> restart the service "Windows Audio" and "Windows audio endpoint builder"
-> Device manager -> Sound video and game controler -> Unintall and then restart
-> -> Device manager -> Sound video and game controler -> Install (tried various versions)
-> Device manager -> Sound video and game controler -> Update (tried both automatic and manual)
-> Device manager -> Sound video and game controler -> Scan for hardware changes
-> Taking out and inserting headphones jack in and out quickly several times

So pretty much these are the solutions I could find on the internet but none worked for me.

Please it would be very helpful to get some new solution and to make it work, I dont wanna reinstall the OS.

Additional info:
OS -> Win 7
Sound card -> Realtek® ALC887-VD2 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Motherboard -> Asus H110Md

Thank you all in advance.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?