Recover my Yahoo password

Closed
violeta - Updated on Aug 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 4, 2017 at 05:25 PM
Hello,

My password of ymail address was changet. I try to recover my password but I don`t succeed and I don`t know the answer of the questions to reset my password, somebody change the answer.
Please help me to recover my password.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day!
Related:

4 responses

BunoCS Posts 15472 Registration date Monday July 11, 2005 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 1,534
Aug 29, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Hello,

How can you say your password has been changed? It is on old account? After a period of inactivity, an account is automatically disabled
Hello,

I didn't log in for a long time - actually never changed the initial password. I was mainly using phone and rarely probably logged in via laptop. Because I changed the phone - upgraded - I think I declined changing password or changed it via laptop maybe - but - for example the second account got password changed after phone requested upgrade. After upgrade i I was prompted by the phone to type password and it didn't work. It may be possible I was victim of a phishing scheme
I have access to associated accounts - like Facebook for example. Can even provide phone models i used to access account and laptop Mac address - that I still own
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 4, 2017 at 05:25 PM
After twelve months without login, Yahoo mail accounts are deleted from the server, hence they no longer exist.

Furthermore, if, when you created the account, you have not registered a secret question which you remember, or an alternate recovery email address or phone number to which you have access to receive a reset code, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.

There is nothing you can do if you created the account on the mobile device or number you no longer have access to.

Always create accounts on a PC or Laptop (landline IP), and then attach a recovery email to it. That way, you can have multiple ways to recover the account!