Working in word, trying a file

Closed
withers Posts 5 Registration date Sunday July 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2017 - Updated on Sep 4, 2017 at 05:39 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 4, 2017 at 05:58 PM
When you try to open the file .doc (with a finished thesis!!!) crawls this message:

Word experienced an error trying to open the file.
Try the following steps.
  • Check the access permissions for the document or drive.
  • Make sure you have enough memory and disk space.
  • Open the file with text recovery Converter.

What to do? maybe there is some option to recover this problem to the original view ??????????
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 4, 2017 at 05:58 PM
Hello Withers,

If you put only one question mark after a sentence, your message will be posted on the forum without delay.

Writing a thesis! Are you a future PhD? In what?

Anyway, I trust that you are making backups of all your documents.

The issue you are experiencing may have several causes.

You may not have enough ram on your computer to open several documents. Thesis documents, I know, are large.

Your document file may be to large in volume and may need to be separated into smaller files.

You may have integrated text or images in another format other than word.

I recommend that after each work session, back-up your files onto another memory device. Then, delete all of your temporary files using CCleaner which you can get here and it's free: https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4555-ccleaner/

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Good luck