Drive.bat and shortcut files

Closed
Jid - Sep 6, 2017 at 07:09 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 6, 2017 at 06:11 PM
Hello,

I'm currently using Win7 Enterprise and my unit was just reformatted. I don't have an internet connection right now so i'm using my mobile. I borrowed my friend's external drive for some drivers and utilities needed. Problem is.. I always end up seeing that drive folder (hidden) and a drive.bat file whenever I plug in the external drive. After that, i can't seem to open regedit and msconfig or install any other antivirus sofwares. Avira and spyhunter is the only security I have but doesn't seem to me it solved the problem 'cuz i still see that drive.bat and shortcut icons when I replug the external drives or any other pen drives I have. Done with attrib but it still denies it. Reformatting isn't an option anymore.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 6, 2017 at 06:11 PM
Seem that you were infected by a worm.

This tool usbfix tool will solve your problem:

# Download USB Fix click here
  • Launch it, a shortcut will be created on your desktop.

• Choose "Clean" option.
  • A pop-up will follow
    Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, sd cards external drives, etc...)
  • Once you're ready, click "OK".
  • While cleaning, you will lose access to your desktop, but this is normal.

The numbers of analyzed and infected elements are displayed.

# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/

Ambucias
Moderator / Virus Security Contributor