Facebook asked me to confirm my identity

Ask a question aarashid 1Posts Monday September 11, 2017Registration date September 11, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Sep 15, 2017 at 04:26 PM by Ambucias
Hello

After going through a series of identity test, my account is still blocked. I logged into my account and was asked to confirm my identity, so I clicked on the bottom, "Get Started". I was told my account has been temporarily blocked for security reasons and if it does reflects my real name, I should help verify it, I clicked "Ok".

I was given a series of pictures, 4 actually, am certain I identified all four pictures with accuracy (three are people I know in person, one is just a facebook contact I very much interact with) but was told I've exceeded the hourly limit. I tried to go through the process a couple of hours later, but was told same, "hourly limit exceeded". Ever since it's been same. doesn't matter whether I try that in an hour, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10hours, I still get the same feed.

However, I do get group notifications to my e-mail about all that I've missed from the last time I logged in. I must add that, I followed a facebook link given to me by a close friend which resulted in me changing my password, subsequent grievances like this have resulted in requests to change my password but I've declined to do so as I believe it has nothing to do with my password

Baffles my reasoning as to why that hasn't been rectified. I've been given links to fill out forms but I dont get any reply whiles the other tells me my account hasn'tebeen disabled and that I may only appeal for a disabled account from my account.

This happened on Friday August 25th, am in my third week, Please do help solve this for me ASAP. Thank you
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Dear baffled,

Is your Facebook page online now for everyone to see?

To try to login again, your must first delete all of your temporary files and cookies and wait 96 hours before you try again.

A password change will be necessary.
aarashid- Sep 12, 2017 at 04:43 PM
I've uninstalled and re-downloaded the facebook up, I haven't logged in for the past 37hours. Was just about to try logging in but didn't- somehow git the feeling it will s be same. I really need my account back, please help. Thanks
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
My profile isn't visible to anyone
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Try below options to verify and unlock your temporarily locked Facebook account :

Don’t Open your Facebook account up to 96 hrs. Clear the cache and stuff like history etc. It may be back to normal.

If you still can’t, go through the automated security verification process. May be Facebook has detected some suspicious activity and your account got locked. In such cases,
You can verify by confirming your mobile number. Facebook will send you a code, you need to enter and verify your Facebook account. Once you have verified, you may able to unlock your Facebook account.

Account authenticity: Facebook will give you an option to verify by identifying the photos of your friends. You need to identify at most five photos to unlock your Facebook account. You will be provided with two lifeline, in case you didn’t able to identify your tagged friend in one go.

Once you have succeeded in identifying the tagged photo of your friend, you will be welcomed with a message “Account verified congratulation!”

You have to click continue to proceed for the next step. You will be asked your current email address or you can go with your new email address.

You will be asked to enter a new security question. Enter your preferred security question and at last your Facebook account get unlock. Further, you can proceed with unlocked Facebook account by logging in.
aarashid- Sep 12, 2017 at 05:23 PM
If I could add screenshots you'll see the frustration. Like I said earlier, for 37hours now I haven't logged in, I've cleared everything, waiting till 96hours before I try logging in.
aarashid- Sep 12, 2017 at 05:28 PM
I was giveb four pictures and I identified all, with 100% accuracy. They are people I know personally. But they rold me "hourly limite exceeded", and regardless of how long I try later, it still persists. The only code then send me is to change ny password, I've changed two passwords so far, so am kinda certain has nothing to do with my password. I'll just try lohging in after 96hours
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Great idea!

Facebook is not a person, it's a system that often is hard to understand when it fails.

The only people active at Facebook HQ are those who disable accounts of those members who don't observe the terms of use and community standards.

The solutions I have given you were gained, tested and proven through experience as it is extremely difficult to work in such a complex system.

The 96 hour wait along with the deletion of all of your temporary files and cookies was proven to work.

Please let me know.
aarashid- Sep 13, 2017 at 02:33 AM
That will be after the next 48hours, thanks so far, will keep you updated thereof
aarashid580- Sep 15, 2017 at 07:17 AM
It's been over 100hours and I just tried logging in, was taken through some process and finally asked to submit my ID, which I just did. I got a message via my e-mail, that they are reviewing and will get back to me ASAP. Am I getting my account back? Lol, I feel that way just hope it's not some fake hope
aarashid580- Sep 15, 2017 at 12:29 PM
O apparently the support team sent me this;

Hi Abdul-Rashid,

We’ve determined that you are ineligible to use Facebook. To learn more about Facebook’s policies, please review the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities:

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

Unfortunately, for safety and security reasons, we cannot provide additional information as to why your account was disabled. We appreciate your understanding, as this decision is final.

Thanks,

Facebook

Guess I'll have to create a new account.
Ambucias 44574Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus September 17, 2017 Last seen - Sep 15, 2017 at 04:26 PM
I bet you that your new account will again get disabled!
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?