Computer turns on but no display and CPU fan doesn't spin

Solved/Closed
jei_kobu Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 12, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2017 - Updated on Nov 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM
SSelva Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 20, 2017 - Sep 20, 2017 at 05:34 AM
Hey everyone,

I've recently had problems with my pc that I can't seem to fix.

Whenever I power on my PC, the case fan turns on and starts spinning as well as the green light on the motherboard turns on when i turn my psu on. However, there's no display on my screen as well as the cpu fan doesn't spin. There's also no beep upon startup.

I took the RAM sticks out as well as switched them in the slots but the problem persists.

I also unplugged all wires with my PSU turned off and took out my CMOS battery for 15-30 minutes yet nothing changed when i put it back in. I even reinstalled the psu, motherboard, and all of the wires yet nothing happened.

I just recently ordered a new PSU and motherboard within the last 2 weeks thinking they could have been the problem seeing as before with my old setup, my PC would stay on for 5 minutes then turn off without rebooting.

Here are the new motherboard and PSU models I ordered:

psu- Corsair CX550 550W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFIED ACTIVE PFC POWER SUPPLY

motherboard- ASUS M5A97 r2.0

Any help would be amazing!!
Related:

1 response

SSelva Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 20, 2017 1
Sep 20, 2017 at 05:34 AM
Check the connection wire between the monitor and base unite
--