Lost two folders data in my external hard drive

Closed
RAJ - Sep 17, 2017 at 05:33 PM
Anderson5 Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 22, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2017 - Oct 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Hello,

in my external hard drive, at first i found 2 of my folders are not accessible. so i did a scan & repair ( properties->tools->check->). it took a while ( i thought something is happening ) but i found those two folders got created with empty data... i tried a lot to get back my data but looks like i lost them...
Please help me recovering my important data.

Raj...

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 17, 2017 at 05:37 PM
In my opinion the two folders contained corrupted data so they were emptied when you scanned and repaired.

Recovery is impossible.
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Sep 18, 2017 at 04:24 AM
To Get your data back on those empty folders I suggest you to use the restore from previous version tool. Do right click on the empty folder and click on restore from the previous version option. I believe you will easily get your files back. If this does not work for you then you can download a Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery - Home software for recovering your lost data.
Thanks a lot for replying....
I tried that "restore from the previous version option" but it said there was not any previous version stored... so i have only the next option of getting the Stellar s/w... I will try and see...
will update you once done.

Thanks,
Raj...
Anderson5 Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 22, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2017
Updated on Oct 6, 2017 at 10:57 PM
What types of files are in the lost two folders? If there are documents, videos, pictures and other files, you need to choose a comprehensive SoftHow data recovery tool; if they contain only multimedia files, such as pictures, video and audio files, you only need a professional SoftHow photo recovery tool. Note: professional picture recovery tool scans faster than comprehensive data recovery tool! good luck!