VGA to TV

Solved/Closed
apache_blue83 - Updated on Jan 10, 2019 at 01:19 AM
Raidernation Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2017 - Jan 19, 2017 at 09:34 PM
Hello,

I bought an HD TV and my laptop has the VGA port. So I bought the VGA cord and connected the television and computer. This worked well for a couple of days. After that, the TV is showing "no signal". I do have the PC input on.

Before encountering this problem, I used to see this pop up on my laptop asking me how I would like the view settings to be on the TV. This pop used to appear right after connecting the VGA cord from the TV.

But, no option pops up on my laptop anymore. Has anyone got any idea how this can be fixed and whether or not I can access the VGA port/device options?

Thank you in advance!
System Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

2 responses

777bons Posts 12 Registration date Sunday February 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2009 13
May 29, 2009 at 04:28 AM
Hello! to configure the output to tv to must go in your display settings and select the second out monitor. or if you have the keyboard shortcut on your laptop by pressing Fn + display screen or presentation mode!
hi 777bons,
i have tried all these things you suggest for no success.
In the display settings I do not have the option for second monitor but I do have a blue key 'Fn' and at the same time key 'F7' or F8' .
'F7' is meant to black out my monitor and only display the TV and 'F8' will display on both.

but I can get nothing to work as yet.

been trying for a while now and am getting lost in the challenge!!!
please help.

baxter
ok so was able to work but everything is really scrambled. is there something else I have to do to configure it correctly so a clean image is projected to the tv? anyone please help me out. thank you