Connected to internet but can't browse

Closed
Anonymous User - Updated on Sep 27, 2017 at 04:36 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 1, 2017 at 09:48 PM
Hello,
since one week ago my internet stoped opening most websites.
I can pretty much only open Youtube, Facebook, Google and Gmail. The problem is happening in any device that connects to it.
I've already tried Restarting the router a few times, changing DNS, I've checked that the manuals were marked...
On my Wi-Fi status says: IPv4 without access (although IPv6 is fine) an it also shows is sending and reviving "activity".
On the Windows Diagnostics says it's accessible but Windows can't receive traffic from the Internet.

Please, HELP???

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 27, 2017 at 04:00 PM
OK, is this a wired or wirless device? If it is wireless, is it your wifi gateway, or the ISP? If it is the ISP, contact them as you are already paying for tech support. If it is yours, then you need to log into the router, and try some ping tests to see if the wifi device is accessing the ISP network. Can you plug the device into the ISP router, and browse? If so, then your wifi is mangled, and you need to contact whoever set it up for you!
Anonymous User
Sep 27, 2017 at 04:30 PM
ISP.
I've just done a few ping tests and they show up fine, and also when I connect through Ethernet the same problem keeps happening.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 27, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Try this one:

Go to command prompt
In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Hit Enter Key

Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
In command prompt

In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset

Hit Enter Key

Restart Computer
Blocked Profile
Sep 27, 2017 at 04:40 PM
Or call the ISP and have them t-shoot it over the phone.
Anonymous User
Sep 30, 2017 at 07:22 AM
I followed the steps but still no luck.
I called the ISP, they said today they "fixed it", and that there was a problem with the IPv4 (mine works with IPv6), and now I don't have any internet access at all.
Blocked Profile
Oct 1, 2017 at 09:48 PM
Quit paying the bill until they do fix it!