Toshiba laptop screen goes black

Solved/Closed
Adetola - Updated on Oct 2, 2017 at 07:56 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 7, 2017 at 02:22 PM
Hello,

My Toshiba laptop is just black and blank..... It started yesterday I wanted to play a film and it made sounds so I had to remove the battery since it shut down ever since that time the laptop won't show anything bit black each time I switch it on it leaves me with two options either to start with normal windows or the launch starter which is the recommended one I have tried the two severally and still the laptop goes blank and black I have read all the other options for others too for my laptop and it still doesn't work please I would be grateful if you can help.... Thanks....
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 7, 2017 at 02:22 PM
It's possible the hard disk has failed and needs to be replaced. You will then need to buy a new copy of Windows to install. If it's an old laptop it might just be better to buy a new one.

Good Luck