Facebook robots do not understand emails

Closed
Doglegs Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2017 - Updated on Oct 4, 2017 at 05:10 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 4, 2017 at 04:26 PM
I HOPE THAT SOMEONE AT FACEBOOK WILL SEE THIS. OR A FRIEND OF A FRIEND OF A FRIEND WHO KNOWS SOMEONE AT FACEBOOK WILL.

I'm having a major problem with my facebook account. I opened my account in 2009 with the email bluet******@verizon.net, I had this email until I changed it to bluet******@yahoo.com which is the email connected to my account for the last two years.

You stated that my account had been hacked, and for some unknown reason you think that I’m the hacker, now why the hell would I hack my own account?.
In the last couple of months I would get the occasional email from you saying that someone had logged into my account from a browser near Chandler Arizona, and was this me?, well… I'd reply “yes” because I live near Chandler Arizona, well I got fed up of answering these so I don't think that I bothered to answer the last one.

I complied with your request to supply photo ID, which I did with my drivers licence, I thought was a bit strange, but the IT guy said it was a genuine facebook email address.
You mentioned that you made some changes to my account after receiving my ID regarding my real name and birthdate, why!.. I have no idea!!. My full name is Brian Douglas Dewar, but I don't use my first name that's why my account is Douglas Dewar, and as for my birthday I originally put my birth year as 1906 because I didn't want anyone to know my real birth year for security purposes.

You have sent me multiple emails to bluet******@yahoo.com with a link and temporary password to get back into my account, and each time I get an error 500 come up. You’ve also sent me photo’s of my friends, which I have identified correctly, you asked me to identify phrases that I used recently, you’ve sent me 6 digit codes to enter and nothing works. I've had two IT guys working for 4 hours trying to figure out the problem, and we found that my facebook account is not recognizing the email associated with it so it won't accept the passwords.
I've had both of the IT guys look for my account by name with my profile picture and they couldn't find it.
I've had friends go to my facebook account to put in messages for me so my friends will understand why I'm not replying to their messages. How come they can enter my account and I can’t????

Could you PLEASE look at my account and find out why it will not accept me as the owner logging in when my friends can, because one of my friends has looked at my account and says the email hasn't changed, I know that you gave me a another email which was associated with facebook but I never used it and can't remember what it was.

I look forward to being able to contact my friends before I tear out what remnants of hair I have left and spend any more money trying to figure this out.

Thank you,
Douglas Dewar.

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 4, 2017 at 05:31 AM
Hello Douglas,

First lets get one thing straight. You often write you for instance: "You stated that..." or "You have sent me multiple emails..." or "I complied with your request to supply...".

Who is you? We never wrote to you, we never stated that your account was hacked and never requested anything from you and we never stated that you were a hacker.

Facebook never makes changes to an account.

Is this your page ? https://www.facebook.com/brian.d.dewar

Nobody can read an email address on a Facebook account and we cannot look at your account.

Best regards
Hi, I apologize if there was a mix up. I wrote this note to facebook so when I referred to "You" I was referring to facebook. I just thought it would be easier if I copied the letter to let you (CMM) know what had happened.

You stated that facebook doesn't make any changes to an account, well facebook stated that they did.

I thought that CCM would be able to explain to facebook what had happened, as I cannot get through to them to explain the problem.
And the answer to your question regarding "Is this your page" the answer is yes.

Do you think that CCM will be able to resolve this issue?

Thanks Douglas Dewar
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:25 PM
Douglas, thank you for the "props" that we have the relationship with that organization, but sadly, we do not.
This is the letter with changes.

I'm having a major problem with my facebook account. I opened my account in 2009 with the email ***@***, I had this email until I changed it to ***@*** which is the email connected to my account for the last two years.

Facebook stated that my account had been hacked, and for some unknown reason facebook think that I’m the hacker, now why the hell would I hack my own account?.
In the last couple of months I would get the occasional email from facebook saying that someone had logged into my account from a browser near Chandler Arizona, and was this me?, well… I'd reply “yes” because I live near Chandler Arizona, well I got fed up of answering these so I don't think that I bothered to answer the last one.

I complied with facebook request to supply photo ID, which I did with my drivers licence, I thought was a bit strange, but the IT guy said it was a genuine facebook email address.
Facebook mentioned that they made some changes to my account after receiving my ID regarding my real name and birthdate, why!.. I have no idea!!. My full name is Brian Douglas Dewar, but I don't use my first name that's why my account is Douglas Dewar, and as for my birthday I originally put my birth year as 1906 because I didn't want anyone to know my real birth year for security purposes.

Facebook have sent me multiple emails to ***@*** with a link and temporary password to get back into my account, and each time I get an error 500 come up. Facebook also sent me photo’s of my friends, which I have identified correctly, facebook asked me to identify phrases that I used recently, they sent me 6 digit codes to enter and nothing works. I've had two IT guys working for 4 hours trying to figure out the problem, and we found that my facebook account is not recognizing the email associated with it so it won't accept the passwords.
I've had both of the IT guys look for my account by name with my profile picture and they couldn't find it.
I've had friends go to my facebook account to put in messages for me so my friends will understand why I'm not replying to their messages. How come they can enter my account and I can’t????

Could facebook PLEASE look at my account and find out why it will not accept me as the owner logging in when my friends can, because one of my friends has looked at my account and says the email hasn't changed, I know that facebook gave me a another email which was associated with facebook but I never used it and can't remember what it was.

I look forward to being able to contact my friends before I tear out what remnants of hair I have left and spend any more money trying to figure this out.

Thank you,
Douglas Dewar.

I know that CCM does resolve a lot of issues that other companies can't, and I appreciate your help.
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:25 PM
Douglas, thank you for the "props" that we have the relationship with that organization, but sadly, we do not. Thanks again!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:20 PM
Douglas,

You have confirmed to me that your account is online. This one https://www.facebook.com/brian.d.dewar

On your computer, clean your cache (temporary files and cookies)

From that page enter the email address and password to login (or the very last code that Facebook sent to you.)

P.S. We do not have any connections or business with Facebook
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:26 PM
P.S. We do not have any connections or business with Facebook

Second, third and fourth that motion!