External Hard not detecting on My Computer or Disk Management

Solved/Closed
jamesvon Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 4, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 4, 2017 - Oct 4, 2017 at 11:54 AM
nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 - Oct 5, 2017 at 01:11 AM
At first the external hard drive displayed on My Computer but couldn't access any files, so i used Command Prompt CHKDSK. The process took a while and was successful. I was able to access my personal files, than i just got carried away and performed the CHKDSK on the other partitions and suddenly the hard drive started to beep 12 times so i unplugged it without thinking and plugged it again. Now im back right from the start. The Hard Drive is officially undetectable.

So please advise me what did i do wrong and how to fix it?
Related:

2 responses

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Oct 5, 2017 at 01:11 AM
Hi check the drive in disk management whether it is visible there or not. It might be possible the drive has lost its name or file system. I would suggest checking it in disk management if you don’t find your drive in the drive listed area then sorry your drive is physically damaged.
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:11 PM
It sounds as though it is in a failure. If you plug it in, and the PC doesn't even see it being plugged it, reboot the PC. Try again. Try the USB port. Boot again. If it still does not see the drive (the drive letter is not displayed when plugging it in), then the drive failed!