Nokia 111 mobile has no sound

Closed
Chooglin Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2017 - Updated on Oct 6, 2017 at 03:14 AM
 Chooglin - Oct 9, 2017 at 07:41 AM
Hi all!

I have a Nokia 111 mobile and when I receive or make a calls I cannot hear the person on the other end. They can hear me fine. I have checked the volume on my phone and it is not on mute. I tried pressing the loudspeaker button and still nothing. It is very frustrating! If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 6, 2017 at 06:55 PM
OK, so by loadspeaker, you mean speakerphone? Does any noise come out of it? Music? If nothing comes out, then it is physically broken. Either the UP VOL button, or the speaker itself! There are $80(us) smart phones out there now!
Thanks for your advice! Yes, I do mean speakerphone, on my phone they call it a loudspeaker. My phone doesn't have music on it but I tried playing a game on it and there was sound on that. So very strange!
Blocked Profile
Oct 8, 2017 at 03:17 PM
This has to be a configuration. Almost like the profile is set for input to be through another device. So you have a brick and mortar store that will support you (provider store)? You will be surprised how easy it is to mis-configure (even unintentional) a setting.

Can you restore the phone, I don't think restoring default settings will delete files, but refer to your owners manual to be certain. If your friend gave you the phone, ask them for the paperwork or look it up on the web.

Thanks again for your advice, I will look into resetting the phone to see if that makes a difference. If not then I'll have to buy a new phone, this one only cost £15 so its not the end of the world! Thanks for your time.