Internet connection randomly shuts off

Closed
Cutwithane - Updated on Oct 11, 2017 at 03:23 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 11, 2017 at 05:12 PM
For the past week my internet has been cutting out randomly. I would call my isp (Spectrum) and they’d do some resetting and the usual and eventually the internet would come back. Today it happened again and finally they decided to send someone out even though they see nothing wrong with the connection from their end.

So a few hours ago the internet randomly starts working and after a couple hours I queue up a game of league of legends completely forgetting that I have connection issues and probably shouldn’t try to play any online games. Well the game starts loading as I remember my spotty internet connection and just then of course my music playing from pandora stops. The internet went down again. I checked the browser and no pages were loading. I check my phone and although I’m still connected to the network, no pages load there either.

I go to shut down League of Legends now since I don’t know when the connection will come back. Except, I’m still connected and the game fully loaded. Im now in game with all other players as if it was normal. There was no lag or connection issues throughout the whole game. Throughout the game, I would check my browser and phone to see if the internet worked but still nothing. How/why did this happen? What is going on with my connection?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 11, 2017 at 05:12 PM
Call your ISP, and demand a credit. Continue to call and complain, until they fix the LOCAL node on your part of the network! If it drops while queuing, then you need to contact them. If it bleeps for a second, call them and complain.

If you are in a region that was just devastated by storms, continue to complain, but be patient, as some might not even have power!

You are paying for a service, and you should get what you pay for!!!!! Until your provider has isolated their issues, we will just be spinning our wheels in the mud trying to trouble shot PC hardware and network devices that aren't on a stable network!