Can't open emails in Yahoo

Ask a question godfreygirl143 5Posts Wednesday October 11, 2017Registration date October 14, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Oct 14, 2017 at 07:26 PM by ac3mark
Hello, I've always been able to click on an email in Yahoo Mail and it opens so I can read it. Now I can't. When I click on a new message, a tab opens but I cannot see or read the email even if I click on that tab. I can't figure out how to get help from Yahoo Help. It's VERY hard to navigate and it seems there is no way to add a new message in the forums.

The ONLY way I can now read them is to right click on a new message and choose "Open Link In New Tab". I don't want to have to do this every time I have a message.

I really want and need to be able to open and read my emails. Can you help? Thank you!
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Try this, before clicking on the mail, hold down the SHIFT key.
godfreygirl143 5Posts Wednesday October 11, 2017Registration date October 14, 2017 Last seen - Oct 11, 2017 at 05:00 PM
The only thing holding down the Shift key did was to put a check in the box by the email.....like you do when you want to delete it or move it. I never had to do anything before but click on my emails to read them. Now I can't. Nope, the Shift key "fun impossible" thing did not work. But thanks for responding. I hope someone can help me solve this....I don't know why it quit working. It worked just this morning.
ac3mark 7998Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 17, 2017 Last seen - Oct 11, 2017 at 05:06 PM
It should open another window to load the page into. There are more issues than what you are describing. Perhaps user error?
ac3mark 7998Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 17, 2017 Last seen - Oct 11, 2017 at 05:08 PM
It sounds as though the space is being hit. Typically, space bar is the key to make selections.
godfreygirl143 5Posts Wednesday October 11, 2017Registration date October 14, 2017 Last seen - Oct 11, 2017 at 05:41 PM
Okay ac3mark.....I tried what you said. NO....I did NOT hit the space bar. I've been working with computers long enough to know what a Shift key is. ANY key I try only puts a check by the email....like I said before. The only way I can now read an email is to RIGHT click it and choose "Open Link In New Tab"

I'm not trying to be a smart a** here, but I'm not a novice youngster....I'm 74 and have been using computers for years now. I just want to know what happened to my email and how to fix it. But thanks SO much for responding. I appreciate you taking the time. :-)
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Well, if holding down the shift key, DOES NOT start a new tab, then there is a mis-configuration in the browser, or some other setting has been "MANGLED".

It is that simple, the email works correctly, it is the setting on the PC that have changed. What browser are you using, on what operating system?
godfreygirl143 5Posts Wednesday October 11, 2017Registration date October 14, 2017 Last seen - Oct 12, 2017 at 08:30 PM
The problem is solved. I did what I had to do and my mail opens as it did before now. Thank you very much for all your suggestions and responses. Have a nice rest of the week and weekend.
:-)
ac3mark 7998Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 17, 2017 Last seen - Oct 14, 2017 at 07:13 PM
So, what did you have to do? The rest of the community might like to know.

Thank you for the feedback, and I hope you are having a nice weekend, also!
godfreygirl143 5Posts Wednesday October 11, 2017Registration date October 14, 2017 Last seen - Oct 14, 2017 at 07:25 PM
I went into my Control Panel, System & Security, and chose to reset my computer to an earlier date.....I chose the one when my buttons worked right and I could open my email. I don't know what went wrong, but that fixed it all. Now everything works the way it did before.

You have a great weekend!!
:-)
ac3mark 7998Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus October 17, 2017 Last seen - Oct 14, 2017 at 07:26 PM
:) thank you for the fix, the rest of the community will appreciate as much as I did! Thanks again!
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?