Saving PDF files to my google drive that is synced to my compute

Closed
Jessica - Oct 12, 2017 at 05:50 PM
 Jessica - Oct 12, 2017 at 07:09 PM
Hi,
I connected my google drive from one of my email accounts to be synced to my desktop so that I can easily save files into folders on that drive. Word documents save perfectly; however, any PDF I try to save I get an error message "the file may be read only or another user may have it open, please save the document with a different name or in a different folder".

The other google drive from another email account is able to save the PDF's so why won't this one?
Thanks,
Jessica
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 12, 2017 at 06:02 PM
Hi

Try this:

Before saving the file, change the name of it, you can for instance just add a number at the end of the title.
I've tried that and it doesn't work; it has something to do with it being a PDF. I can save it anywhere else on my computer too without error but when I save it to the Google drive I have synced on my desktop that error pops up. (It still then saves the title where i was wanting after the error message but the file won't open)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 12, 2017 at 06:25 PM
I see, save the file to your hard disk, close all applications and then save them on Google Drive.

You trust Google Drive?
I do but my goal is to be able to save them in 1 step... I'm able to do this with another google drive folder I have on my computer so don't see why I can't with the new one ?