Converting flash video explorer closed can't

Closed
cjeureka - May 30, 2009 at 04:23 AM
 cjeureka - May 30, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Hello,
I was converting flash video on a media center pc running xp. Sudeenly explorer closing to protect your computer messege. I know better than to download stuff but trusted QMC (Quick Media Converter. ) could not restart computer...entire bottom trya disappeared. used ctrl alt delte to get to task bar but only had shutdown option. When I started up again, could not get pass start up page..could not select, escape, F1 or F10 for recovery. I am sick. I want to format harddrive but can access anything...Please help me.
thanks
cjeureka
Related:

1 response

web560 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2009
May 30, 2009 at 07:15 AM
hi,
try to boot in safe mode and then do a system restore.
press F8 repeatedly to enter the boot menu, you may try to boot in last known good configuration to see if this helps, else boot in safe mode and then do a system restore.
cjeureka Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2009
May 30, 2009 at 10:04 AM
I appreciate your help but I was up until 4 am pressing F8 , F10 and escape but no response. If I could get into boot menu I could run spinrite but can't get into anything~ Is it time to give up, have a good cry (smile) and count my huge losses? I swear before God and man, My mama could send me something and I will never again download it or anything else...
Woe is me
cjeureka
I happened to glance up and notice a 4gb high density san disk in the dirvie...Took it out and was able to select escape to change boot sequence...was not even necessary~windows booted up like nothing ever happened~~ I am a very happy camper...Human error as always~thanks so much for your patience with a girl~lol
cjeureka