How to edit iTunes m4v videos with Adobe Premiere Pro

Jayden_Nelson 1 Posts Tuesday October 17, 2017Registration date November 24, 2017 Last seen - Oct 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM - Latest reply: Sophialing 2 Posts Thursday August 17, 2017Registration date December 6, 2017 Last seen
- Dec 6, 2017 at 09:07 PM
Hi, I am looking for editing iTunes videos on Adobe Premiere CC, however, everytime I load a video, it prompts me that the video is corrupted. I checked the movie play perfectly on iTunes. Any help will be appreciated.
See more 

3 replies

Reply to this topic
Ambucias 47808 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 15, 2017 Last seen - Oct 17, 2017 at 04:35 PM
Helpful
Hi

iTune videos are in Mac Apple format, Adobe is Windows, both are incompatible and you cannot convert them.
Respond to Ambucias
Helpful
Maybe your M4V file is DRM-ed. Apple applies a DRM technology named FairPlay to encrypt iTunes purchased files for copyright reason. If you want to play this M4V file with VLC, you need to remove DRM from this M4V.

WinX MediaTrans is one tool can make it. You can try it.
Respond to mayawmul
Sophialing 2 Posts Thursday August 17, 2017Registration date December 6, 2017 Last seen - Dec 6, 2017 at 09:07 PM
Helpful
Jayden Nelson, please well know that iTunes movies are created by Apple, while Adobe allows Windows ecosystem. Besides, iTunes movie and TV shows are encrypted by FairPlay DRM protection created by Apple. If you want to edit it on Adobe Premiere Pro, you should get rid of this DRM protection with the help of DRmare M4V Converter, which can remove DRM from iTunes M4V. But please also be well noted removing DRM is illegal in some countries, make sure you are allowed to do that and use it for personal use.
Respond to Sophialing