Facebook Account mistakenly disabled

Closed
kirkywu123 - Oct 18, 2017 at 09:36 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 19, 2017 at 05:13 AM
Hi there,

I know many people have asked this question, but my case is a little different...

Yesterday morning when I logged into my Facebook, there was a notification stating that one of my singing cover videos that I have posted YEARS ago was removed due to being reported by a complaining party (Recording Label) due to copyright reasons... Facebook stated that the video will be taken down immediately and that my account was being restricted from posting contents, commenting on posts, liking posts and messaging people for 2 days, which was fine by me, I could still look at my newsfeed and receive messages from my friends and I was happy to wait out the 2 day restriction.
About 3 hours later, I went into my Facebook and it prompted me to log in again and when I tried to log in, I found out that my Facebook account has been disabled. Immediately I went to my emails with the initial "A Message from Facebook" Email and followed Facebook's instruction by contacting the complaining party and getting the issue resolved. In the initial Email from Facebook, it also stated that once I resolve the issue with the complaining party, they can then contact Facebook to give consent and provide the report number.
I spoke to the complaining party and we came to an agreement that it was all a misunderstanding, however when I asked the complaining party to contact Facebook, they told me that they have no way to contact Facebook and that I have to do it. Facebook's policy states that users who REPEATED actions that breach the policy will be penalized, but I have not posted any videos eversince a year ago therefore I have not "repeated" the breaching of policy action. The video that was taken down was posted 4-5 years ago.
From my understanding the only way to contact Facebook was through the Facebook appeal form for people who have their accounts disabled, but what i've found from many people's experiences is that they never get a response from Facebook after completing the appeal form.
What my question is, why did Facebook initially say they will restrict certain features on my Facebook for 2 days, then later in the day disable my account? That does not make sense to me at all.

Thank you so much for your help in advance, I just don't know what else I can do.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 19, 2017 at 05:13 AM
Hi

You are correct that the only way to contact Facebook is through the appeal form. A reply from Facebook may take weeks, sometimes over a month because there are there are tens of thousands appeal sent almost daily.

As for your question as to why Facebook disabled your account after two days, your guess is as good as mine.

Regards